I watch so many shows and read so many books, articles, and magazines, but I cannot seem to train Tancred in certain aspects.
Tancred is very smart, and did very well in basic training a while back. You can put a treat right in front of his nose, even on his paw, and he won't touch it until he's told. He will even do this in the park.
Despite this, I cannot get him not to jump on me, Jared, and our guests when we walk in the door. I cannot get him not to pull towards other dogs while we're on a walk. He typically walks great, almost a fully loose leash, on our morning walks, but in the evening it's enough to break your hand at times.
I do not want to have to hire someone to help train him. I'm going to try to put a training plan in writing that Jared and I can both agree too. We are inconsistent in what we do as individuals, and even more so compared to each other.
I hope I can get him under control before my folks visit! Mom, I hope he doesn't jump on you! I'll keep everyone posted on our success, and am open to suggestions.
1 comment:
Call the Dog Whisperer!
Post a Comment