Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Julie & Julia

Two weekends ago Jared and I went to see Julie and Julia. Great movie, I highly recommend it. When we got home, we decided to cook Chicken Fricassee from Julia's cookbook.

Here we go!


You must dry the chicken!


Here are the veggies and, of course, butter.


The chicken is cooking.



As are the onions.


The mushrooms were cooked separately as well.


What a mess! I need a bigger pan for this.


Dinner is served! It was delicious.

2 comments:

Alaric said...

I'm going on the assumption that you liked it so much when I made that during your visit that you decided to make it at home... That is the recipe that got me into cooking seriously. I'm not sure why I decided to make Chicken Fricasee in particular but when I took my first bite, it was like that scene in Ratatouille when Anton Ego tastes the titular dish and is back home in his mother's country kitchen... Mom and Pa's cooking is still my favorite...

Ernie said...

That is EXACTLY why I decided to make this dish! You'll have to make more recommendations for me.